P-MACD is a trend-following that shows the relationship between Price and Long-term Moving Average (PMACD), and the relationship between two Moving Averages (MAMACD). P-MACD is composed of two lines, and an histogram, showing price distance (convergence/divergence) to its Long-term MA (PMACD), showing short-term MA distance (convergence/divergence) to long-term MA (MAMACD), and a histogram showing the difference (momentum) between the PMACD and MAMACD
The PMACD is calculated by dividing the Price to Long-term Moving Average (200-period / ) and finally smoothed with 9-period /
- PMACD Line Formula : (Price / SlowMovingAverage -1) * 100 and smoothed with 9-period /
The MAMACD is calculated by dividing the Short-term Moving Average (such as 20 / ) to the Long-term Moving Average (such as 200-period / )
- MAMACD Line Formula : (FastMovingAverage / SlowMovingAverage -1) * 100
The Histogram is calculated by subscripting PMACD and MAMACD
- Formula : PMACD - MAMACD
Trend Cloud calculated based on fast and slow version of MAMACD
What to look for:
- Line Crosses: PMACD Line can function as a trigger(signal) for buy and sell signals. Buy when the PMACD crosses above the MAMACD line and sell - or short - when the PMACD crosses below the MAMACD line
- Base Crosses : PMACD and/or MAMACD crosses above or below Baseline is another way to indicate the trend and momentum. MAMACD crosses of Baseline, MAMACD positive or negative, reflects short-term moving average crosses the long-term moving average and similarly, PMACD crosses of BaseLine, PMACD positive or negative, reflects price crosses a long-term moving average
- Momentum: P-MACD helps investors understand whether the or movement in the price is strengthening or weakening displayed with a histogram which graphs the distance between the PMACD and MAMACD. Additionally, upward momentum is confirmed with a crossover, which occurs when PMACD and/or MAMACD crosses above Baseline. Conversely, downward momentum is confirmed with a crossover, which occurs when PMACD and/or MAMACD crosses below Baseline
- Distance: Prices high above the moving average (MA) or low below it are likely to be remedied in the future by a reverse price movement. The more distant the PMACD is above or below its baseline indicates that the distance between the Price and its is growing (regarding PMACD, You may find a detailed article explained in “Price Distance to its MA” indicator by DGT ) . Similarly the more distant the MAMACD is above or below its baseline indicates that the distance between the two SMAs is growing
- Trend : A rising P-MACD indicates an uptrend, while a declining P-MACD indicates a downtrend
MACD vs. P-MACD
measures the relationship between two MAs, while the P-MACD measures both the relationship between price and its MA, and the relationship between two MAs. MAMACD Line of P-MACD If set to same moving average type and same lengths as in will produce the same line as line, only values are represented as percentage with MAMACD. Both measure momentum in a market, but, because they measure different factors, they differentiate from each other even if they have similarities in presentation. P-MACD provides additional insights, not only to MA relation but also to Price and MA relation
Warning: Moving Average are calculated based on past prices, so they are lagging. The longer the time period for the moving average, the greater the lag as well as less sensitive to price changes. This study implements usage of 200-period long-term moving average, which implies that the P-MACD will provide insight especially for long-term trades, more suited for long-term trades, usage of P-MACD for short-term trades is recommend with lower timeframes (1H or lower).
Indicators aim to generate a potential signal/indication of an upcoming opportunity, but, the Indicators themselves do not guarantee the future movement of a given financial instrument, and are most useful when used in combination with other techniques.
Trading success is all about following your trading strategy and the indicators should fit within your trading strategy, and not to be traded upon solely
Disclaimer: The script is for informational and educational purposes only. Use of the script does not constitutes professional and/or financial advice. You alone the sole responsibility of evaluating the script output and risks associated with the use of the script. In exchange for using the script, you agree not to hold dgtrd tradingview user liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision you make based on use of the script
Siguiendo el verdadero espíritu de TradingView, el autor de este script lo ha publicado en código abierto, para que los traders puedan entenderlo y verificarlo. ¡Un hurra por el autor! Puede utilizarlo de forma gratuita, aunque si vuelve a utilizar este código en una publicación, debe cumplir con lo establecido en las Normas internas. Puede añadir este script a sus favoritos y usarlo en un gráfico.
La información y las publicaciones que ofrecemos, no implican ni constituyen un asesoramiento financiero, ni de inversión, trading o cualquier otro tipo de consejo o recomendación emitida o respaldada por TradingView. Puede obtener información adicional en las Condiciones de uso.