According to ICT's studies, this gap in price holds a lot of significance when it comes to price action, acting as a magnet or a point of reference during the week (and following weeks).
The Event Horizon (EH) is simply the midpoint between two of these NWOGs. The EH can be very useful to determine where price is drawn towards from a liquidity perspective. If price reaches this level it is probable that it will continue to the next NWOG, as explained by ICT himself.
In my own studies I have noticed that price also tends to respect and use the Optimal Trade Entry (OTE) levels drawn from both NWOGs in question. OTE levels are nothing but fibonacci 0.79 – 0.705 – 0.68 levels.
I decided to put all of these into an indicator that dynamically selects the most relevant NWOG Dealing Range and plots their EH and OTE levels automatically.
– Cross Below Event Horizon
– Cross Above Event Horizon
– New NWOG Range Established
– Note that although these work on all timeframes, the lower in resolution one goes, the less gaps will be available due to data availability.
– This indicator works on charts that have the NWOG already present in chart (i.e. no crypto assets, unless one looks at CME crypto futures such as BTC1! and ETH1!).
– The dollar index's NWOGs have a slightly different timestamp, however this has been taken care of and will allow to be plotted ONLY for the TVC:DXY ticker.
TrandingView struggles to display the indicator correctly for the default view, check out its accurate appearance here:
La información y las publicaciones que ofrecemos, no implican ni constituyen un asesoramiento financiero, ni de inversión, trading o cualquier otro tipo de consejo o recomendación emitida o respaldada por TradingView. Puede obtener información adicional en las Condiciones de uso.