this indicator make use of three simple moving averages, idea is to incrementally invest little by little in the bull market when all moving average is moving up
A more in-depth guide for consensio is available here
How to use this indicator?
This indicator plots weekly moving average on daily and/or hourly time frame, the basic idea is to see how smaller time frame like daily and hourly trend reacts to larger time frame like weekly moving averages and what are the possible area on these smaller time frame and also to arrive at better entry points while doing that.
The name Consensio Vision is chosen cuz .. it's a free reminder to never loose long-term vision (in this case weekly trend) of where you're going
Consensio Vision MA - Tribute to Late Dean Tyler Jenks
Lucid's Principles Of Investing - These are principles foretold by Late dean tyler jenks.. he goes on to saying that those 12 principles will keep you out of trouble or will identify trouble or will identify your human behavioral problems
1. CASH IS KING - in terms of my investing principles is very simple cash is king, I would rather be in cash than any other asset class, unless an asset class is trending to the upside (or bull market) the cash is king
2. Market doesn't move in straight line - all asset classes trimmed up and down, as tyler goes on to say he dont believe in buy and hold strategy, i'm giving you the tools to get you out of market so you dont have drive down bear events like 2009 crash, he further suggests you sould react (or make decision) before a 10% drop in market.
3. Timeframe - trends are short days or weeks intermediate weeks or months and long months or years so principle number three is don't just talk about something is in a trend be precise are you talking about a short-term trend an intermediate term trend or a long-term trend...
just saying something is in a trend is irresponsible, you've got to identify your time frame
4. Wait! Bear market is different - cash is king and unless asset class is trending up there are times that you want to take advantage of a trend that is down but it is not the equivalent of investing in a trend that is up it is far more dangerous far more difficult it can be done but that's not one of the main principles, (also check rule number 7 as both are related)
5. Only long-term trends are investments - word trading is not really an investment term trading means buying or selling it has nothing to do with what you're attempting to achieve in terms of either speculation gambling investing ... those are not opportunities for investing because they're short or they're intermediate.. that doesn't mean that you can't speculate and have that turn into a position trade and have it turn into a possible swing trade and then have it turn in to an investment however be prepared once you've made an investment where that investment in a short or an intermediate term time frame to move against you
6. Never invest in a FOMO (fear of missing out)- loss of money loss of cash loss of wealth is not equivalent to a loss of opportunity
it is 100 times more important than a loss of opportunity
7. understand the importance of Percentage - a 50% gain is not an inverse equivalence of a 50% loss that is the single most important rule or principle that Lucid uses in determining when to get into or out of an investment and it goes back to number six that a loss of money is not equivalent to a loss of opportunity
8. all long-term trends are fundamentally based, repeat all long-term trends are fundamentally based
9. number nine is a corollary but it's separate all short and intermediate term trends are not fundamentally based, long term trends are not affected by news are not affected by headlines are not affected by company announcements or country announcements they are affected in the short in the intermediate term and therefore your probability of success goes way up as your timeframe frame goes longer
10. Fundamental vs technical - technical tools are invaluable in identifying trends fundamental tools are not invaluable in identifying trends - that's why is so important it gives you something that will never give you in time so technical a pro active mechanism or money management tool and fundamental is a lagging indicator hoever its what drives the market in log term
11. Profitability based on time aka VISION- I see even very sophisticated investors doing is they let the technical tools give them a signal on the short-termer intermediate-term and they believe because it's the tool that they're using that it's giving them an equivalent probability of success and it is not!
it's probability of success at the short-term is less than at the intermediate term and is less than at the long-term
12. the last one long-term trends are more important than intermediate which are more important than short term, tyler developed a scale where he ranks
long-term trend 5,
intermediate term trend 3,
short-term with a 1
(note: if you add both 3 & 1 its still smaller then 5)
if you add together my intermediate term weighting of 3 and the short term weighting of 1 that you do not equal the long term weighting of 5 that means that both the short and the intermediate term can be going in a direction but that does not negate the direction of the long term trend it's a simple way of looking at it and I use the word in number 12 important not simply to mean importance in terms of the weighting system but the probability of success of each of those 3
so if you're using a short term 15 minute 30 minute one hour signals or probability of success drops dramatically and therefore you've got to factor in where your stops are relative to that probability when you're in a long term trend a five waiting you don't need to use stops when you're in an intermediate term trend you've got to use stops and when you're in a short term trend you've got to use closed stops
official website- https://lucidinvestmentstrategies.com/
Siguiendo el verdadero espíritu de TradingView, el autor de este script lo ha publicado en código abierto, para que los traders puedan entenderlo y verificarlo. ¡Un hurra por el autor! Puede utilizarlo de forma gratuita, aunque si vuelve a utilizar este código en una publicación, debe cumplir con las Normas internas. Puede marcarlo como favorito para usarlo en un gráfico.
LongMediumCross = cross(sma_long, sma_medium)
plotshape(LongMediumCross, style=shape.circle, size=size.normal, color=color.new(color.purple, 50))
MediumShortCross = cross(sma_medium, sma_short)
plotshape(MediumShortCross, style=shape.circle, size=size.normal, color=color.new(color.orange, 50))